Mote for Question Feature in Google Classroom
Guest post from Mote Ambassador Leader R. Erin Comninaki, Special Education Teacher and Instructional Coach.
Are you tired of the same old text-based interactions in Google Classroom? We all know that questions can be a fantastic way to gauge student understanding and provoke thoughtful classroom discussions. But what if I told you there's a way to bring those questions to life? 🌟
Enter Mote, the magical tool that transforms teaching into a multi-sensory experience. And no, we're not just talking about adding a vocal note to an assignment. Get ready to amplify the 'Question' feature in Google Classroom like never before!
Step 1: The Power of StickyMote on Google Slides 🎙️
Let's say you have an intriguing graph or an impactful image you want your students to ponder. Typically, you upload that image and ask a question in Google Classroom. But let's enhance it!
- Create a Slide: Place your graph or image on a Google Slide.
- Insert StickyMote: Use Mote to add an audio note, which we lovingly call a 'StickyMote,' right next to the graph or image.
- Provide Guidance: In your audio note, include the question, sentence frames, and hints that can guide your students in constructing meaningful answers.
- Accessibility Features: Don't forget, Mote also transcribes your audio automatically and offers translation options!
Instead of just reading a question, your students can hear your voice guiding them, see sentence frames to support their thinking, and even translate the content into their preferred language. Isn't that awesome?
Step 2: Bring it to Google Classroom's Question Feature 🚀
But wait, we still need to finish supercharging
- Share the Link: Copy the Google Slide link and share it in Google Classroom within the question you've created.
- Encourage Audio Responses: Ask your students to use Mote to answer your question right within Google Classroom.
- Offer Feedback: As students respond, use Mote to offer them audio feedback. This keeps the conversation going and creates a continuous feedback cycle!
The Benefits are Endless! 💜
- Different Learning Styles: Audio, visual, textual - this approach has something for everyone!
- Accessibility: The auto-transcription and translation features make this method inclusive.
- Engagement: Nothing says 'engagement' like hearing your teacher's voice guiding you through a problem.
- Continuous Feedback: Mote enables initial guidance and a rich, ongoing dialogue between you and your students.
So, why stick to simple text when you can create an engaging, multi-dimensional learning experience? Give it a try, and let the incredible tool Mote redefine how you use Google Classroom. 🌟
Happy teaching! 🍎